Spring 2018 River Reefs Tournament
Bridgette Ward. 239-246-5595
Dr. Quint White. firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Help? Contact Us
Jacksonville University - Marine Science Research Institute
Fall 2017 River Reefs Tournament
Two artificial reefs were constructed in the St. Johns River in December 2014 by the City of Jacksonville (COJ) in partnership with the Coastal Conservation Association (CCA). These river reefs are named the CCA Reef and the George Holt Reef and mark a new chapter in reef deployment in northeast Florida. Never before have reefs been constructed in the St. Johns River and this is the first time artificial reefs have been deployed inshore in the state of Florida. The main objective of the project is to monitor the growth and health of the two new reefs and determine if this is something we can implement all over the state of Florida. As part of the project, we are hosting this tournament as a way to get the public involved and spread more awareness of the two new reefs. It is also a way to collect as much data as we possibly can.
Scoring Guidelines: Greatest number of fish caught, Greatest species abundance, Greatest total inches
Awards: Awards will be given at the end of the tournament to the team that catches the greatest number of fish, greatest species abundance, and greatest total inches caught. (Awards provided by Hooked Up Magazine). All awards must be picked up at the MSRI.
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
7 months 11 hours ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
7 months 11 hours ago
Events & Schedule
Lines in the Water
04/01/2018 12:00 AM
Lines out of the Water
06/01/2018 12:00 AM
Rules and Regulations
Tournament Rules and Regulations:
• Each angler will be required to download and register for the mobile app “IANGLER TOURNAMENT”
• Photo Verification- MUST USE THE IANGLER TOURNAMENT app on your cell phone so you can make a digital log of your fish must log photo of catch, GPS coordinates, and measurements (inches) of catch
• ONLY CCA AND GEORGE HOLT REEFS QUALIFY FOR THE TOURNAMENT
• Must specify what type of bait was used
• CATCH AND RELEASE is strongly encouraged
• Only fish caught after registration will count
• All measurements and photos must be submitted by 11:59 pm on May 31, 2018
• IF THE FISH IS NOT PROPERLY PHOTOGRAPHED THERE WILL BE NO PRIZE AWARDED! NO EXCEPTIONS!
• All registered boats must comply with State, Federal, and U.S.C.G. safety and fishing regulations
• No ties- in the event of a tie, the angler with the largest fish will be deemed the winner
• Awards will be given to the angler that catches the greatest variety of species, greatest total number of fish caught, and the greatest total inches caught.
I desire to participate in the Spring 2018 River Reefs Tournament (the “Activity”) to be sponsored by Jacksonville University. Upon agreeing to and submitting this form, I acknowledge and certify that my participation in the Activity is completely voluntary. In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Fall 2017 River Reefs Tournament, I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of boating, fishing and related activities and that I am qualified, in good health, in proper physical condition to participate in the Activity and willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity. If I decide to leave early and not complete the Activity as planned, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to leave.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) boating and fishing and related ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY AND SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH ("RISKS"); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity, including travel to, from, and during the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Jacksonville University, the Marine Science Research Institute, administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the "RELEASEES" herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, INJURIES, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR OTHER DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.